Sunday, October 01, 2006

My apologies to Marsha...

I'm so sad. In my haste to save some settings from last week, I neglected to 'turn on' the ability to comment on Marsha's fantastic post (below this one...). Alas...and I was so looking forward to saying some nice things about Marsha (and her great post!!!)....so here goes (and please add to what I've already said...

Are you kidding me? What an awesome post. It's so obvious that you guys are so much better at this stuff than I am, which means you're also really patient with me. I promise tons of expertise with the math, and a little with the blogs, but we'll definitely get better with this over the fall and winter semester.

Not only did Marsha include some great graphics, and some fairly fantastic links (more on that in a moment), but I think most importantly she maintained a mathematical focus while still keeping her personality and sense of humour intact. Posting (and commenting) is difficult, and I've had some conversations with some of you privately about what makes a good post for our class.....sooooo,

THIS IS A GOOD POST! (Marsha's below). Keep up the great work! You're setting the bar very high, and I like that. One of my evolution professors in my science degree always used to say that with no stress on a system, there can be no change to the status quo. (Nice guy, came to my wedding, ask me about him sometime...) Anyway, and I really believe this, "If we keep doing what we've been doing for it's own sake, we'll never learn about what may be better"...

The links Marsha left are great, but especially try out the second one (you need Shockwave to run the Applet), and if you can 'play' with it before class on Tuesday (Post Secondary Day tomorrow), you'll be that much further ahead when I teach how to start to add vectors.

Marsha, great joke, I'm showing my wife ASAP...

Later,

RM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home